About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy has reached an agreement to join PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy will continue to operate its existing business, maintain its brand, and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
About Infrastructure and Corporate IT
Infrastructure and Corporate IT is responsible for Paidy’s corporate Infrastructure and focuses with the aim to handle all the infrastructure demands, QA, support projects and provide Paidy’s customers a secure production environment. There are 3 teams within Infrastructure focused on Office IT, QA, and Production Operation.
The Infrastructure and Corporate IT consists of 12 talented members from various experience background and nationalities. The QA Team consist of 3 members and this role (QA Engineer) is part of QA Team.
Position Overview / Purpose of your role
Paidy Inc, is growing rapidly and we are working on creating Industry standard Testing capabilities, with Test automation framework, Manual Test case repository, automating tests using CI Pipeline capability, etc. with technically qualified engineers to meet the growing demand.
This role is expected to support building these capabilities with engineering mindset and futuristic approach.
Your Duties & Responsibilities
As QA Engineer your primary responsibility will be to;
- Create,update and maintain tests in the existing Automation framework and Manual Test repository
- Create update and follow up issues,defects and clarifications within and outside QA team
- Run regression tests and track results on demand in a standardized way.
- Ensure the requirements traceability of tests created by the team.
- Participate in QA Sprint meetings to plan and prioritize test activities.
- Constantly learn and suggest improvements within the team
- Work with new industry standard test tools on a trial basis and make recommendations to the team on improvement areas.
Your skills and experience
- Degree Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in cross-functional and cross-cultural environments
- Experience in testing with one or multiple high-level languages (e.g. Scala, Python, Ruby, …)
- Experience in testing API based financial systems
- Experience in working with cloud based environments
- Enjoy being a generalist working on anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Willingness to learn and teaching best practices
- Passionate about hunting down issues, or even better, anticipating them
- Like learning new things and are not afraid to jump in to support any solutions
- You not only care about correctness through tests, but also about performance through benchmarks
- Business Level English
Nice to have:
- Experience working in security-sensitive environments
- Business level Japanese Language capability
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate affinity with the Paidy core values:
- Diversity & Inclusion: Respect all of human beings, focus on our potentials and leverage our differences
- Self-starter: Proactively demonstrate ownership, motivate and reflect ourselves
- Customer-driven: Identify solutions based on what customers need
- Openness: Be open to feedback and constructively critical
- Visionary: See the big picture and make the impossible, possible
- Expertise: Be learning animals, be hungry for new things and keep growing
- Resilience: No hesitation to be bold, take risks and make mistakes everyday
- Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan