Data Analyst - Finance & Accounting
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream. Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers. Paidy has reached an agreement to join PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy will continue to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
This is a position in Paidy’s newly formed Data Department, a combination of two data engineering teams and one data science team. The data department oversees the full spectrum of responsibilities of delivering value from data at Paidy. This position is in the Data Science team in the Data department.
Part of this team’s responsibility includes supporting Finance and Accounting at Paidy, giving them the data analysis support and reports they need for making the important financial strategic decisions for the company as well as financial modeling, financial statements, and accounting operations.
An ideal candidate for this position should have some background in both finance and data analysis, knowing how to query a database and build data pipelines and also able to understand and participate in discussions about finance and accounting, recognizing where data analysis or a new data source could support this work in the company.
Your Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect and document data reporting requirements from Finance
- Analyze and translate business requirements into technical descriptions; and vice versa
- Provide input to data engineers about technical requirements from the business expectation
- Leverage the data platform to produce financial statements & reports
- Perform data analysis related to finance business, including e.g. examining some metric by user cohort, troubleshooting a report discrepancy
- You will be asked about your experience with the Paidy App during your interview. Please download the Paidy App and try it out:
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
- For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar BNMP apps, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Afﬁrm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
- Good finance / accounting knowledge
- Experience preparing an analysis result for business audience including with visualizations or using BI Tools
- Knowledge in SQL and one scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Experience with a query/ETL job scheduler (e.g. Airflow, Prefect)
- Good at writing documentation for data queries and transformations
- Business or above Japanese level
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける