Software Engineer KYC
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy has reached an agreement to join PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy will continue to operate its existing business, maintain its brand, and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
About the Position
Paidy is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our KYC team. By joining the team, you will take ownership of our services that enable KYC (Know-Your-Customers) for the Paidy platform, which is a crucial component allowing our users to use Paidy products across thousands of merchants in Japan. On a typical day, you will build new features in Scala/Python, publish/consume events with Kafka, maintain best in class REST APIs and deploy services to AWS. You will take part in design sessions with your teammates and reach out to stakeholders like Risk and Data team.
Key Role and Responsabilities
- Own your services, from tech design to deployment and monitoring.
- Work with modern languages, frameworks and cloud infrastructure, solving real
problems impacting millions of users.
- Get a chance to touch different aspects of Paidy's ecosystem: KYC, Risk and Data
- Share your knowledge within the engineering domain and contribute in evolving
best practices and culture
Our tech stack:
- AWS architecture (Lambda, ECS Fargate).
- Scala, Python.
- Kafka, Postgres, Aurora.
- Docker, Terraform.
Skill and Requirement
- Broad software development experience with one or more modern general-purpose programming languages including, but not limited to Scala, Python, Java and Go.
- Solid knowledge of AWS cloud ecosystem
- Conﬁdence with Docker and Terraform development tools as well as CI/CD.
- Working proﬁciency in English
- Willingness to learn new technologies and collaborate with distributed and multidisciplinary teams
- Passion and sense of ownership
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download a similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Afﬁrm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to make a signiﬁcant impact on the vibrant Japanese market, building products affecting millions of users every month
- A diverse culture that accepts everyone's values and opinions, working with talented people coming from 20+ countries
- An attractive salary and the latest equipment of your choice (MacOS, Windows, Linux).
- Remote working & Flexible working
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conﬂict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける