Senior Platform Architect
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and ofﬂine. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
We are hiring a Senior Platform Architect, reporting to the Platform Architect, who will lead cross-component architecture initiatives, drive technology choices and help to raise the bar for the quality of our systems and software. We expect you will have a diverse experience with different paradigms and technologies and you can communicate complex technical problems to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
In this position you will influence future Paidy projects and contribute to a service used by millions of users. Paidy has a modern technology stack and delivers quality products with short iterations
Key Role and Responsibilities
Paidy is a dynamic company and an architecture position requires many skills: networking, operating systems, databases, distributed systems, software development, technical writing, systems engineering, systems monitoring, and others typically used in systems and software architecture.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in requirements gathering and analysis
- Provide architecture guidance and oversight for engineering teams
- Drive innovation by finding the technology solutions for our business challenges
- Identify potential risks related to the architecture and help to manage them
- Guide service teams to successfully comply with Paidy standards
Skills and Requirements
To succeed in this role, you need:
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering or systems engineering
- 3+ years of experience in lead engineer or architect role
- Broad experience with technologies and architecture
- Knowledge of modern software development tools
- Knowledge of cloud offerings, especially AWS
- Interest in both technology and business
- Business level English with an ability to communicate with technical and
- You will be asked about your experience with the Paidy App during your interview. Please download the Paidy App and try it out:
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar BNMP apps, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Afﬁrm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to make a signiﬁcant impact on the vibrant Japanese market, building products affecting millions of users every month
- A diversity culture that accepts everyone's values and opinions, working with talented people coming from 20+ countries
- An attractive salary and the latest equipment of your choice (MacOS, Windows, or Linux).
- Remote working & Flexible working
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conﬂict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける