Sr. User Experience Designer
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan’s pioneer and leading BNPL service company. At Paidy we believe in creating simple, instant experiences to take the hassle out of shopping with a touch of magic.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy was acquired in September 2021 by PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy continues to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
The Interaction Design Team comprises designers passionate about bringing quality BNPL experience to our consumers living in Japan. Paidy seeks to remove unnecessary friction or “mendokusai” during the pre and post-online and offline purchasing journey. Each designer takes ownership, works cross-functionally to solve complex challenges, and strives to learn and understand our ever-changing consumers' needs and behaviors. Our team dynamic is ever-expanding, with each of us owning a section of our product lineup and consistently syncing to evolve ourselves and our services.
At Paidy, we all understand the value that Design brings to the table and that there is no need to sell UX to the stakeholders. We strive to learn and understand our consumer needs and gather insights that inform strategic design decisions. As an Interaction Designer joining the team, you’ll bring your design expertise to further strengthen the team’s responsibility to our consumers. You’ll rely on human-centered design methods to craft an experience from the ideation phase to finalized deliverables. You’ll bring the can-do attitude to lead and collaborate with your cross-functional partners and strategize to build innovative products that deliver a delightful consumer experience.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate within the feature team comprised of a product manager, engineers, data scientists, and researchers to lead and take ownership of the consumer experience.
- Create and improve the design by applying human-centered design process and practice sprint cycles with the feature team.
- Apply design thinking methodologies by facilitating and conducting workshops. Conduct a design sprint exercise with your cross-functional team to surface the big picture goal and arrive at a strategic execution plan.
- Create low-fi wireframes to explore and validate assumptions and hypotheses.
- Create mid to high-fidelity prototypes necessary for usability testing. Analyze the results with user researchers to help shape them into final design deliverables.
- Create a design based on Apple iOS Human Interface Guideline and Google Material Design. Apply the design by using an established design system and contribute to improving the internal design team efficiency.
- Present the iterated design to the key stakeholders and advocate for our consumers. Develop mutual respect and trust with the partners.
Skills and Requirements
- 6+ years of in-house interaction, UX or product design experience building consumer digital products
- Experience designing products specifically with the local language tailored to Japanese consumers.
- Design portfolio demonstrating the UX design process associated with a mobile app for iOS, Android, and the web.
- Must have a strong creative sense and visual design skills to produce high-fidelity deliverables within a product-driven organization.
- Ability to document, present and manage stakeholder meetings in English. Facilitate workshops and collaborate with the cross-functional team communicating in English and Japanese. Design deliverables in Japanese.
- Experience leading UX strategy and execution within a digital product or technology-driven organization.
- Experience managing expectations with senior executive stakeholders.
- Experience working with already established design systems. Contributed to expanding and maintaining the design system with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working within the financial industry designing services as part of a digital product or technology-driven organization.
- Project management skills to lead the feature team to produce and iterate on improving the product.
- Experience in conducting design exercises entirely remotely and using whiteboard services like Miro.
- Experience in crafting design and prototypes with Figma.
- Experience in participating in practicing sprints using Jira, documenting design specifications on Confluence, and other ceremonies with the engineers.
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
- Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan.
What We Offer You
- Diversified team with 221+ colleagues from 37+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける