Senior DevOps Engineer
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
About The Position:
The Risk & Analytics Department lives at the core of the business model — figuring out how to take smart risk that allows for a smooth and empowering experience for all legitimate users, while also preventing fraud and protecting the company’s bottom line.
The Data Science Foundations team is responsible for building and maintaining the data infrastructure and analytical tooling that enables teams of data scientists and analysts at Paidy.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to help design and implement the next generation of infrastructure for data science at Paidy.
Your Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in cross-functional teams with Product managers, data engineers, data scientists to
create robust and scalable infrastructure to enable data science at scale.
- Be responsible for building, improving, maintaining, and standardizing the build pipelines
of our ETL, analytics, and ML-related services, so that we can experiment with confidence,
reducing the time it takes to go from ideation to production.
- Advise our team of engineers on how to best set up the infrastructure for ETL and
- Setup and document best practices for development of new infrastructure and software
- Collaborate with cybersecurity experts, data governance officers, and SREs to ensure our
analytical infrastructure is secure and robust.
- Is able to work with non-experts, understand their needs, and build infrastructure and
tooling to support.
- Can communicate complex technical concepts clearly to non-experts
- Has extensive experience designing, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure in AWS,
including but not limited to network management, S3, RDS, EMR, Glue, and more
- Has extensive experience with Python software development
- Has extensive experience with CI/CD technologies such as CircleCI, Jenkins, etc…
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
Nice to have
- Prior experience as a data engineer, software engineer, or data scientist
- Experience working in data scientist teams as a DevOps supporting ML learning and ETL
- Experience deploying infrastructure in highly-regulated environments such as financial
services, medicine, and government agencies.
- Experience with standard Python/R data science tooling and libraries such as JupyterHub,
conda, pandas, Shiny, etc…
- Conversational Japanese is nice to have but not required.
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける
● Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan