Head of HR
About Paidy, Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service company. At Paidy we believe in creating simple, instant experiences to take the hassle out of shopping with a touch of magic.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy has reached an agreement to join PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy will continue to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
The Head of Human Resources is expected to function as the leader of the Human Resources Department and (s)he could be the next in line in the succession planning of the VP of Corporate. (S)he will strategically align HR priorities to Business goals and manage the entire Human Resources initiatives at Paidy. The incumbent will provide strong business partnerships to internal stakeholders to help them achieve their own business goals. This position will require strong leadership skills and high emotional intelligence.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Trusted Advisor on people issues to Senior Leadership
- Develops, leads, and executes the People Strategy in areas of strategic importance
- Manages Performance Management, Talent Management & Employee Relations
- Uses HR data and metrics to support decisions that will shape the organization
- Drive organizational transformation projects where efficiencies can be improved within the required timeframe
- Provides ad hoc support to the Talent Acquisition team.
- Manages and develops HR team members
- Ensures consistent execution of core HR Processes in full compliance with the Company Policy and the Japanese Labor Law
Skills and Requirements
- 10+ years of professional experience in HR or HR Consulting with progressive increase in level of responsibilities with 3+ years of experience as a Manager
- Strong business acumen and experience in aligning Business & People Strategy
- Capability to resolve Employee Relationship when conflicts occur
- Verbal, written and writing Fluency in both English and Japanese
- Talented in creating collaborative working relationships with Paidy’s employees and external stakeholders
- Project Management capabilities to lead cross-functional initiatives
- Experience working in a Multicultural environment and ability to manage diversities within the organization
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
- Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan.
What We Offer You
- Diversified team with 150+ colleagues from 30+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける