About Paidy, Inc.
Paidy is Japan’s pioneer and leading BNPL service company. At Paidy we believe in creating simple, instant experiences to take the hassle out of shopping with a touch of magic.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy was acquired in September 2021 by PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy continues to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Product Managers at Paidy are passionate about the products we build, and passionate about our business. The team is totally committed to doing our best work, building and managing the products which comprise the Paidy service, with the goal of removing the “mendokusai” parts of online payments for both buyers and sellers.
Product Managers at Paidy take a strategic view to align product performance and optimization with company objectives. We build out the KPIs which articulate this connected worldview, and finally execute the initiatives which will make these visions a reality and make life better for both buyers and sellers.
Product Managers are also internal ambassadors for the role of the product organization, and also invest time in ensuring the product strategy is clearly articulated and effectively communicated at all levels across the organization.
The Product team at Paidy aspires to do great work, which has the potential to effect positive change in the payments journey. The team is always looking for ways to make more impact, to do things better.
Key Role and Responsibilities
Your role in Product at Paidy is simple - to be the best Product Manager you can be. As a Product Manager in Payment Network Product, you will be part of our card product team, and drive key KPIs for the company.
You will act as a leader in cross functional teams and as an individual contributor and set the highest standards for yourself and those around you. Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining consumer pain points and determining what value Paidy can provide by making hypotheses and validating them with research.
- Market and consumer segment analyses
- Making financial model (cost / revenue), business forecast, KPIs
- “Go to Market” planning
- Align product road map with company level strategy and make agreements with all stakeholders
- Translating product plan into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Track KPIs and find how to fill gaps
- Apple Pay integration for Classic users
- Premiumization of Paidy Card
- Credit Card disputes
- New business development opportunities
Skills and Requirements
- Extensive experience with card launches and card program management, operations, distribution & optimization
- Comprehensive knowledge of the branded card ecosystem in Japan and internationally, including regulatory, processing, acquiring, and schemes.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, some of which in product management in financial services, fintech, retail, banking or payments
- Extremely curious and bright, problem solver with a strong bias to action
- Ability to think like a business owner, an innovator
- Passionate about finding ways to improve consumer experience with a habit of always bringing advocacy for the customer experience to every decision
- Strong quantitative skills and an innate understanding of how to mix market intelligence
- Excellent communication skills in English and Japanese
- Demonstrated history of defining, designing, building, and refining products through industry standard best practices
- Strong grasp of products value chain, and solid understanding of how the potential for great product work can be realized and leveraged
- Experience launching new products and services
- Ability to develop business, service, and product KPIs aligned to corporate objectives, with the ability to articulate rationale for the product work required to realize this vision
- Comfortable presenting to boards, leading consensus with senior stakeholders
- University degree
- Evidence of continued post grad education a big plus; MBA preferred
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
What We Offer You
- Diversified team with 221+ colleagues from 37+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける