Data Engineer Tech Lead
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service with the mission to spread trust through society and to give people room to dream.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy has reached an agreement to join PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy will continue to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
The Data Platform Engineering Team provides the technical service around the company’s business data and information, and its derivatives. This service is a crucial part of the Paidy’s external surface and internal business intelligence. The Team provides services including capturing datasets from any business activities, performing curation, maintaining its availability, deriving strategy and implementing solutions covering integrity, resilience and scalability. In addition, by assisting business initiatives on data analytics and reporting. As per the component stack, the Data Platform Engineering & Reporting Team and its services will depend on most, if not all activities within Paidy.
Key Role and Responsibilities
The Data Platform Engineer Tech Lead should be able to understand the business, technical requirements and implement solutions accordingly. (S)he should also have hands-on experience in application development, in-depth knowledge in programming languages and data storage technologies. The Tech Lead should also have experience leading a team of 3 or more people. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Supporting the well-being of deployed data services.
- Enhancing the operation and monitoring facilities.
- Implement scalable data pipeline from various Paidy platforms, data warehouse, or 3rd party services.
- Following business or technical initiatives, implement data solutions accordingly.
- Being domain expert in data semantic, providing advisory on business intelligence requests.
- Managing reporting facilities; implementing and promoting self-service reporting tools.
- Performing evaluation of technology, POC and feasibility analysis.
- Support and manage a growing team of Data Engineers
- Technical documentation.
Skills and Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or a related subject
- 7+ years of experience in software development.
- Strong software development skills in OOP languages.
- Good knowledge of resource constraints analysis and performing tuning.
- Good knowledge of data structures.
- Strong knowledge and experience on various RDMS, NoSQL and big data platforms.
- Technologies including kafka, akka, java, scala, elastic search, Cassandra, and Postgres.
- Able to follow SDLC methodologies, deliver proper documentation.
- Effective communication skills, able to communicate project status and problem effectively.
- Practical experience with realtime/event paradigms.
- Creative yet detail oriented, good at solving problems and deriving solutions.
- Willing to work in a dynamic environment and pick up new technologies.
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
- Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan.
What We Offer You
- Diversified team with 150+ colleagues from 30+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
- Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
- Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける