Senior Data Analyst
About Paidy Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service company. At Paidy we believe in creating simple, instant experiences to take the hassle out of shopping with a touch of magic.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy has reached an agreement to join PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy will continue to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Paidy’s Risk & Analytics team is currently looking for an experienced hire with expertise in data analytics and reporting to further its efforts to make the best of use of data in optimizing performance across a wide variety of convenient consumer lending products. The successful hire will have the opportunity to own large swaths of Paidy’s credit risk and overall business strategy, collaborating frequently both with Senior Management and key senior stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Product, etc.
To be a successful member of the team, you should be highly adaptable, excited to learn about diverse parts of Paidy’s operations, and eager to champion the use of data-driven business strategy.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding both of the underlying unit economics of Paidy’s business and the ways in which ongoing credit and fraud risk trends may impact Paidy’s profitability
- Apply modern data science techniques to analyze transactional data and produce new product performance insights
- Holistically own creation, deployment, and monitoring of new and improved credit models
- Act as a primary business stakeholder, collaborating closely with the data scientists directly building predictive models
- Expand on Paidy’s existing suite of risk and product monitoring — both its strategic conception and the technical implementation, with an aim of both detecting problems and deviations but also uncovering insights for future step-change improvements
- Consult with our Product Team, senior management, and the Risk Committee in the development stages of new products — what features are needed to mitigate risk, what risk policies should we put in place, and what does that mean for consumer experience?
Skills and Requirements
- 3 – 6 years work experience in a data analytics, preferably in a credit risk or other finance related role
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- SQL / Python / R or similar coding experience
- Familiarity with AWS / Github is advantageous
- Business English is required, Japanese skills are a strong advantage
- Most importantly, we are looking for a smart person eager to take responsibility and learn
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
- Please send your English resume when you apply.
What We Offer You
- Diversified team with 221+ colleagues from 37+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける