Software Engineer - Shopping and Discovery
About Paidy, Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service company. At Paidy we believe in creating simple, instant experiences to take the hassle out of shopping with a touch of magic.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy has reached an agreement to join PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy will continue to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Paidy is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Shopping & Discovery team.
By joining the team, you will take ownership of our backend services, keeping them versioned, consistent and secure. You will apply the latest standards with regard to Search engines, product data ingestion, segmentation and managing a growing base of millions of users.
Within your role, you are also required to set the gold standard and guidelines for all teams providing internal APIs.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Own your services, from tech design to deployment and monitoring.
- Work with modern languages and frameworks, cloud infrastructure and authentication layers, solving real problems impacting millions of users.
- Getachance to touch on different aspects of Paidy's ecosystem: Shopping, Partner APIs and internal services.
- Share your knowledge within the engineering domain and contribute to evolving best practices and culture.
Our tech stack:
- AWS architecture
- Java, Scala, Python, Typescript
Skills and Requirements
- Broad software development experience with one or more modern JVM based general-purpose programming languages including, but not limited to, Java and Scala.
- Minimum of 5 years working as a backend engineer.
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud ecosystem.
- Experience with Agile.
- Experience with designing and building fast and reliable search components and data pipelines at scale.
- Solid understanding of event streaming in Kafka (nice to have).
- Solid understanding of Test Driven Development and its benefits.
- Confidence with Docker and Terraform development tools.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and collaborate with distributed and multidisciplinary teams.
- Passion and sense of ownership.
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview.
Please download Paidy App and try it out!
- iOS: https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/paidy/id1220373112
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paidy.paidy&hl=en&gl=US
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
What We Offer You
- Diversified team with 221+ colleagues from 37+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋にな
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける