About Paidy, Inc.
Paidy is Japan’s pioneer and leading BNPL service company. At Paidy we believe in creating simple, instant experiences to take the hassle out of shopping with a touch of magic.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy was acquired in September 2021 by PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy continues to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
We are hiring a Senior Platform Architect, reporting to the CTO, who will lead cross-component architecture initiatives, drive technology choices and help to raise the bar for the quality of our systems and software. We expect you will have a diverse experience with different paradigms and technologies and you can communicate complex technical problems to technical and non-technical stakeholders. In this position you will influence future Paidy projects and contribute to a service used by millions of users. Paidy has a modern technology stack and delivers quality products with short iterations.
“Full remote” is available for this position. We require that you’re based in Japan.
Key Role and Responsibilities
Paidy is a dynamic company and an architecture position requires many skills: networking, operating systems, databases, distributed systems, software development, technical writing, systems engineering, systems monitoring, and others typically used in systems and software architecture. Your responsibilities will be:
- Participate in requirements gathering and analysis
- Provide architecture guidance and oversight for engineering teams
- Drive innovation by finding the technology solutions for our business challenges
- Identify potential risks related to the architecture and help to manage them
- Guide service teams to successfully comply with Paidy standards
Skills and Requirements
To succeed in this role, you need:
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering or systems engineering
- Past experiences in different roles in IT: software engineer (must have), architect
- Excellent knowledge of cloud offerings, especially AWS (equivalent or better than AWS Certified Solution Architect - Professional)
- Proven track record of designing and implementing scalable, reliable, and secure software systems for financial applications, dealing both with greenfield projects and legacy systems
- Familiarity with modern software development frameworks, languages, and tools
- Strong expertise in microservices architecture, containerization (e.g., Docker, ECS), and serverless computing.
- In-depth knowledge of distributed systems and the ability to design and optimize for high availability, fault tolerance, and performance.
- Some experience in data modeling, database design, and optimization for transactional and analytical workloads.
- Interest in both technology and business
- Excellent level of English communication, with an ability to interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
- Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan.
What We Offer You
- Diversified team with 221+ colleagues from 37+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける