Operations Business Analyst
About Paidy, Inc.
Paidy is Japan's pioneer and leading BNPL service company. At Paidy we believe in creating simple, instant experiences to take the hassle out of shopping with a touch of magic.
Paidy offers instant, monthly-consolidated credit to consumers by removing hassles from payment and purchase experiences. Paidy uses proprietary models and machine learning to underwrite transactions in seconds and guarantee payments to merchants. Paidy increases revenue for merchants by reducing the number of incomplete transactions, increasing conversion rates, boosting average order values, and facilitating repeat purchases from consumers.
Paidy has reached an agreement to join PayPal, the global payments company. Paidy will continue to operate its existing business, maintain its brand and support a wide variety of consumer wallets and marketplaces by providing convenient and innovative services.
Paidy continues to innovate to make shopping easier and more fun both online and offline. For more information, please visit http://www.paidy.com.
Paidy’s Operations Division is currently looking for an experienced hire with expertise in business analytics and reporting to further its efforts to make the best operating system.
The successful hire will have the opportunity to own large swaths of Paidy’s operations including Customer Success, Collections, eKYC, and overall business strategy, collaborating frequently with CQO, Head of Customer success, Operation Manager and other key stakeholders.
To be a successful member of the team, you should be highly adaptable, excited to learn about diverse parts of Paidy’s operations, and eager to champion the use of data-driven business strategy.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of the entire operations of Paidy’s business and the ways in which ongoing operation may impact Paidy’s profitability
- Apply modern data science techniques to analyze consumer data and produce operation performance insights
- Act as a primary business stakeholder, collaborating closely with the CQO, Head of Customer success, and, Operation Manager, directly building operation business analytics models
- Make & Propose AB test plans
Skills and Requirements
At least 3 to 5 years of Professional Experiences in business analytics, preferably in BNPL or other finance related industry.
Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative field, or equivalent experience
SQL / Python / R or similar coding experience
Familiarity with AWS / Github is advantageous
Business English is required, Japanese skills are a strong advantage
Most importantly, we are looking for a smart person eager to take responsibility and learn
Detail oriented and high level of numeracy
Paidy team will ask about your user experiences with Paidy Apps during the interview. Please download Paidy App and try it out!
For those who are not able to download Paidy App, due to the regional restrictions, please be advised that you download the similar App, such as Klarna, Afterpay, Affirm and so forth, and come up with your opinions on these applications and services.
- Please note that you must be eligible to work in Japan.
What We Offer You
- Diversified team with 221+ colleagues from 37+ countries
- Exciting work opportunities in a rapid-growing organization
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Flexible work-from-home arrangement
- Competitive salary and benefits
Be a winner / 勝ちにこだわる
- Beat expectations / 常に期待値を超える
- Display surprising speed / 人をスピードで驚かす
- Embrace risk / リスクを恐れない
Own it and deliver / 結果を出す
- Commit to what, when and how to deliver/ 目的・やり方・期限にコミットする。
- Own the actions to deliver / 結果のためのアクションにこだわる
- Embrace conflict when needed to deliver results / 必要なら対立・衝突も恐れない
Play an integral role / 大切なピースになる
- Make an irreplaceable contribution to our business / 替えの効かない貢献をする
- Embrace and bridge differences in language and culture / 皆が言語と文化の架け橋になる
- Raise the bar / スタンダードを上げ続ける